Establish a FundThe expendable, annual funds from the UNC Press Club combined with the stability of the endowment enhances our ability to continually pursue publishing excellence.
Endowment Funds. Gifts to the endowment are added in full to support the publication of Press books in perpetuity. Named funds can be created with a gift of $150,000 or more. Current named funds include:
- Anniversary Fund (unrestricted)
- Aubrey L. Brooks Fund (unrestricted)
- Blythe Family Fund (regional, especially broad interest)
- Brooks Fund (law and American society)
- John Hope Franklin Fund (African American studies)
- Greensboro Women's Fund (by and about women)
- The Luther H. Hodges Jr. and Luther H. Hodges Sr. Series on Business, Society and the State (business, society and the state)
- Richard Hampton Jenrette Fund (architecture and decorative arts)
- William Rand Kenan Jr. Fund (when possible, books by Kenan professors)
- H. Eugene and Lillian Lehman Fund (especially UNC-CH faculty)
- Fred W. Morrison Fund (southern studies)
- NEH Challenge Fund (unrestricted)
- Kate Douglas Torrey Fund (unrestricted)
- Wachovia Fund for Excellence (unrestricted)
- Walter R. Davis Fund (unrestricted)
- Z. Smith Reynolds Fund-African American and women's studies, especially in NC
- Subject Areas, $150,000-$300,000
- Civil War Studies
- Environmental Studies and Natural History
- Latin American Studies
- Native American Studies
- Religious Studies
- U.S. History and areas within (military history, civil rights history)
- Reference Works, $50,000-$150,000 The Press publishes distinguished, multivolume documentary editions as well as essential regional reference books.
- Freedom: A History of Emancipation
- Encyclopedia of Southern Culture, multi-volumes
- Series, $150,000-$300,000
- Civil War America
- Envisioning Cuba
- Islamic Civilization and Muslim Networks
- New Directions in Southern Studies
- Studies in the History of Greece and Rome
- Studies in Legal History
As a 501(c)(3) organization, all gifts to UNC Press are tax deductible.
To make a gift to an existing endowment or to establish a fund, please contact:
Joanna Ruth Marsland, Director of Development
116 South Boundary St.
Chapel Hill, NC 27514
Or, use our Mail-In Form.